Encaustic Workshop with Kristie Wood
POSTED ON 4.27.2017
MINI ENCAUSTIC WORKSHOP
Saturday, May 13
Workshops begin at 11:00 AM, 1:30 PM, or 4:00 PM
In this 2-hour hands-on workshop, you will be introduced to the basics of encaustic paintings including an overview of the supplies, safety and how to set up your own encaustic workspace. During the workshop, you will have the opportunity to create your own encaustic piece to take home with you.
Various objects will be available for experimentation, such as photos, feather, string, etc., but feel free to bring your own! All other supplies will be provided. Space is limited to 4 participants per two-hour session.
Kristie Wood is a mixed media artist, combining encaustic painting with oils, ink, collage materials, and photography.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the nature of this workshop, it is only open to participants age 18 and older. Thank you!
Tickets: $75.00, $65.00 for members of Second Street Gallery (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for your discount code to purchase your members tickets).
Space is EXTREMELY limited. Reserve your spot no later than May 6th!
Tom Tom Founders Festival at SSG
POSTED ON 4.13.2017
Here is what is happening at SSG as part of Tom Tom Founders Festival. Purchase tickets now.
Artist Opportunity Pop-Up Salon
POSTED ON 4.7.2017
Interested in participating in our next Pop-Up Artists Salon? Here's what you need to know:
Date: Saturday, May, 20th
Artist check-in and set up: 11:15am
The purpose of the event is to give artists a space to create and showcase their work, with an emphasis on CREATE. There are many artists here in town who do not have access to a working studio and/or do not hold open studios. This is an opportunity for artists to have a space to create and show off their process!
- There is no fee to participate. However, by signing up for the event, participating artists agree to donate 20% of sales made during the event to Second Street gallery.
- Artists are not required to bring work to sell in the gallery.
If you are an artist interested in participating in the May 20th event, please send an e-mail to email@example.com along with the following information:
- Medium that you will be working in on the day of the event
- Special requirements you may have (i.e. you will need an outlet, how much space you need to work, will you need a table or will you bring your own easel, etc.)
- Link to your website and/or up to 3 examples of your work (optional, but encourage)
This is NOT a juried selection. 10 artists will be selected at random to participate. The list of artists will be announced on Wednesday, April 19th. You will not be notified if you are not selected.