POSTED ON 5.3.2014
As one of the longest established nonprofits taking part in Give4Good on May 6, please allow us to remind you why we matter.
1. Bringing new art and artists to Central Virginia for 41 years
2. Played a leading role in the revitalization of downtown, continues to be central to Greater Charlottesville’s cultural scene
3. Always been a nonprofit – a community resource, supported by the community it serves
4. Exhibited work by over 1,500 artists – local, regional, national, and international
5. 10 – 12 exhibitions each year, with a diverse range of media and viewpoints
6. Artist led workshops in the public schools and with the Boy & Girls Clubs
7. Annual free family art day draws 200 – 300 participants
8. Artists present at First Friday openings to talk about their work and process
9. Annual visitation around 10,000 people
10. Now one of the longest enduring nonprofit art spaces in the USA
Help us keep up the good work by donating during the 24 hour Give4Good event on Tuesday, May 6th by clicking on the link below.